Who are we?
Unruly Studios is a Boston-based EdTech startup. We create products that allow kids to create their own rules. Our flagship product, Unruly Splats, empowers students to learn critical STEM skills through active, social, recess-style play! We’re backed by Amazon, AT&T, Techstars, LearnLaunch and more. Our current team is made up of former Hasbro, Mattel, Nickelodeon, iRobot, and Disney employees, and former educators. We are currently working with over 200 schools and we are hiring an account executive to take a relationship-building approach and drive our next 1,000 sales with decision-makers at schools across the nation.
What will you do?
- Achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual bookings and revenue objectives;
- Perform ongoing (and reliable) weekly, monthly and quarterly pipeline forecasts for management;
- Once our BDR team identifies qualified, prospective opportunities, you’ll take over the conversation and relationship-building to close deals;
- Present and run demos (virtual and occasionally live) at school partners to become a trusted partner and thought leader in STEM;
- Build rapport and ask digging questions to further qualify opportunities in the BANT framework to create customers;
- Identify stakeholders at the school- or district-level (Champions, Decision-Makers, Influencers, etc.) in the client’s consensus decision-making structure and determine best practices for navigating and influencing the conversation;
- Create proposals for large and complex deals, creating win-win solutions with partners and districts;
- Attend trade shows and state conferences to collect leads and follow-up with leads to drive sales from events; and
- Master our Salesforce CRM system, log and maintain up-to-date reports on activity and metrics, and continuously improve our sales campaigns.
Who are we looking for?
- Determined: you like to close deals and you like to win
- Intrinsically motivated: you want to be a great sales professional and adapt different methodologies to fit your style
- Organized: you structure your day and stay on top of things;
- Coachable: you thrive on feedback and are continuously improving
- Charismatic: people enjoy talking with you and you enjoy helping tackle problems; and
- Persistent: you show resilience and a relentless drive to keep momentum going in your deals
- Empathetic: you care about the challenges teachers and administrators face in their daily work, take the time to learn about those challenges and formulate solutions
- 2-4 years of direct sales experience at a technology start-up (EdTech is a bonus, but not required);
- Demonstrated ability to hit sales quotas at previous roles;
- Excellent oral & written communication skills;
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial startup in which cross-functional teamwork and initiative is a must;
- Proven ability to focus and prioritize high-quality opportunities over busywork;
- Demonstrated ability to develop, manage, and close complex deals; and
- Must be Unruly!