Who are we?
Unruly Studios is a Boston-based EdTech startup. We create products that allow kids to create their own rules. Our flagship product, Unruly Splats, empowers students to learn critical STEM skills through active, social, recess-style play! We’re backed by Amazon, AT&T, Techstars, LearnLaunch and more. Our current team is made up of former Hasbro, Mattel, Nickelodeon, iRobot, and Disney employees. We are currently in over 200 schools and we are hiring for a business development representative to scale with us. You’ll be a major growth driver that helps us generate leads to close our next 1000 customers.
What will you do?
- Manage outbound lead generation activities (calls, emails, drip campaigns) to targeted prospects.
- Set up demo calls/ qualified leads for follow-on action by sales representatives.
- Work with the Sales & Marketing teams to test sales messaging, refine our value proposition, and execute our go-to-market strategy.
- Direct our conversational prospecting utilizing Drift.
- Conduct research as you identify key decision-makers and reach out with well-researched, personalized, and attention-grabbing messages.
- Master our CRM system to maintain and report on activity and metrics.
- Collaborate extensively across the team.
- Iterate and test all aspects of your prospecting campaigns and measure what works and what does not.
Who are we looking for?
- You’re known for your work ethic.
- You have a high EQ, are naturally curious, and intellectually humble.
- You are resilient and creative and can overcome challenges easily.
- You take full ownership and responsibility for outcomes.
- You are excited to join a growing startup and learn quickly to continuously grow.
- Your presence, positivity, and drive inspires others to step up their game.
- 6+ months of experience in Sales Development and/or Lead Generation. You know the foundations of sales/business development that will get you adding value immediately.
- Organized; extreme attention to detail: you pride yourself on sending emails without typos.
- Fast-paced: you can crank through dozens of to-do list items in a day.
- Great communicator: you can explain complex concepts in clear, concise language.
- Must be Unruly!