Who are we?
Unruly Studios is a Boston-based EdTech startup. Our vision is to build ridiculously fun learning tools and experiences for the young people who will create the future. Our flagship product, Unruly Splats, empowers students to learn critical STEM skills through active, social, recess-style play! We’re backed by Amazon, AT&T, Techstars, LearnLaunch and more. Our current team is made up of former Hasbro, Mattel, Nickelodeon, iRobot, and Disney employees, and former educators. We are hiring an Office Manager to support our team and CEO in accelerating growth and operational excellence through a rapidly scaling organization. What will you do?
What you'll do
- Drive process both internally and externally for recruiting and hiring new employees.
- Work with the Unruly team and hiring managers through navigating challenging schedules and calendars to ensure a smooth and complete interview process for candidates
- Coordinate internal events through planning and logistics
- Book team lodging and travel
- Own and execute new employee onboarding activities such as collecting new hire paperwork and onboarding with desks, equipment, security protocols, swag, and help navigating Unruly
- Perform various administrative and human resources tasks such as coordinating and communicating employee benefits programs, making sure employee performance reviews are completed on time by driving the process, and more.
- Perform some bookkeeping, financial, accounting, report building, and data entry tasks
- Answering the Unruly phone line and triaging phone calls to proper team members
- Answering the Unruly website chat line and triaging to appropriate team members or scheduling meetings with leads.
Assisting the CEO:
- Performing various administrative tasks to assist the CEO.
- Managing CEO’s schedule, email, meeting preparation, and follow through on commitments / reaching deadlines.
- Research on key topics and contacts in preparation of upcoming initiatives.
- Attend key meetings with the CEO and support internal and external communication.
Who are we looking for?
- Organized: you structure your day and stay on top of things;
- Communicator: you are great with people and communicating clearly and frequently
- Trustworthy: you are reliable, honest, and truthful and do not share confidential information with others
- Adaptable: you are a fast learner, and quick to pivot when things change while maintaining a positive attitude
- Proactive: you are a self-starter who goes above and beyond what is ask and anticipates the needs of the team before they emerge
- Relationship-builder: you form strong working relationships with those around you and are friendly and inviting to new candidates and new hires
- Analytical: you like numbers and putting together reports to make decisions based on data
- Detail-oriented: you never let anything slip through the cracks, always on top of details and deadlines
- 1-3 years of administrative experience at a startup
- Excellent oral & written communication skills;
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial startup in which cross-functional teamwork and initiative is a must;
- Tech-savvy (or a fast learner with new technologies). Great at learning new online tools and willingness to dive in (talk to support, etc.) to figure them out
- Proficient in Gmail, G-suite, calendar software, Microsoft Office
- Ability to assess multiple tasks and prioritize effectively
- Results-oriented and driven with a keen interest in improving processes and development - both as a team and personally
- Be a proactive and creative problem solver that can think outside the box, work independently, and seek guidance when appropriate
- Project a mature presence, empathy, and intellectual curiosity. Demonstrate attention to detail, follow through on assignments to completion, and multi-tasking in an environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Demonstrate strong time management, project management, and organizational skills
- Exhibit excellent written and oral communication skills with a confident and clear communication style and ability to handle sensitive information and preserve confidentiality
- Experience in a startup environment, supporting a small, growing team is a plus
Unruly Studios is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Additionally, Unruly Studios participates in the E-Verify program, as required by law.