Unruly Studios is a for-profit, educational technology startup based in Boston, MA. It creates products that engage kids with coding through active, recess-style play. Its first product, Unruly Splats, are durable floor buttons that light up, play sounds, and can be programmed by kids with apaired tablet. The Unruly Splats app comes preloaded with recess-style games to help kids continually build their coding skills on their own. The Unruly team is made up of experts in cognitive science, toy manufacturing, education, and technology with experience on teams at Scratch, the MIT Media Lab, Hasbro, Mattel, Nickelodeon, iRobot, and Disney. Investors include Techstars, LearnLaunch, AT&T, and Amazon.
Unruly Studios is growing quickly and is looking for an Education Sales Representative to join the Unruly team in Boston to accelerate our growth with K-8 schools in the US and Canada.
● Become an expert on demonstrating (and coding) Unruly Splats product for customers (no prior block coding experience necessary, just willingness to learn)
● Close business with new prospects and increasing current account penetration through a combination of online demonstrations, phone calls, video calls, and some in person contact
● Update CRM with all sales contact information and activity for efficient tracking and weekly forecasting and documentation
● Learn and track the competitive landscape to develop an expertise of the existing market selling to schools (i.e. robotics, kits, coding software, etc...)
● Organize and attend trade shows and state conferences to collect leads and follow-up with leads to drive sales from events
● Follow-up in a timely basis with any inbound leads as they reach the company through Drift, email, social media, webinars, whitepaper downloads, and more. Pick up qualified leads from marketing and convert them into sales.
● Understand customer engagement and needs to grow current accounts
● Communicate with current customers to trigger referrals from current customers. Implement a referral program and strategy (working with the Unruly marketing team)
● Present and run live demos at school partners to become a trusted partner and thought leader in STEM and PE for school partners
● Work closely with marketing to develop collateral and event planning
● 3+ years of proven success in a sales role in edtech or school-related sales
● Previous teaching experience is a plus
● Travel required (US and Canada)
● Comfortable using and managing a CRM.
● Knowledge of the education ecosystem including buying practices at the school and district level as well as the K-12 learning and professional development markets
● Entrepreneurial – relish the challenge of taking an idea from concept to realization
● Strong work ethics, track-record of high productivity
● Track-record of achieving sales targets at previous roles
● Great communication skills (oral and written)
● Operate independently, attention to detail, strong follow-through
● Team player who is excited to collaborate with a strong team to build a great business together
● Must be Unruly
Please contact email@example.com to apply.